OxTech Fest 2021 Schedule
OxTech Fest is a two day online festival taking place 7th-8th September 2021 – focusing on tech from all sides; every industry, every business at every stage. Whether you’re an experienced employee, a student learning your craft or a tech newby looking to reskill, Tech Fest has something for everyone.
Today we are announcing the first speakers and businesses that will be attending the festival this year; our inaugural 2021 event is going to be an amazing opportunity for anyone with an interest in tech to learn and develop.
On Day 1, where we’re focusing on giving people the opportunity to learn about starting a career in tech, at any stage, we have:
- Reskilling in Tech; Exploring the sideways moves into tech, encouraging individuals from a non-technical background to explore reskilling in tech and raising awareness of tech as a second career with Kathryn Tingle (Sainsburys), Joy Foster (TechPixies) and Susan Burton (Classlist)
- The Future of the Gaming Industry; How creative subjects and high tech are combining to further the gaming industry. A discussion on the past, present and future of games with Jason Kingsley (Rebellion), Siobhan Reddy (Media Molecule) and Taylor Campbell (Orthors)
- Going Beyond Earth; In this panel we will talk about the exciting technologies that are being worked on in space tech, and explore how the panellists got to where they are today – speakers to be announced!
And on Day 2, where we’re focusing on tech businesses networking and Tech For Good initiatives, we will be joined by:
- Tech for Good in Oxfordshire; Highlighted Oxfordshire businesses present their initiatives in using Tech for Good with Kyle Grant (OxWash) and more speakers to be announced!
- The New World of Hybrid Working; How do you bring new starters into your work culture when working remotely? What is the cost/benefit ratio of hybrid working? Tips and tricks for managing a hybrid workforce with Charlene Hunter (Coding Black Females) and more speakers to be announced.
- Neurodivergent in Tech; Neurodiversity remains an overlooked issue in employment, this extends to the tech industry. However, a growing number of companies are recognising that employees who think differently provide them with a competitive advantage. This panel will provide an open discussion on the benefits of neurodiversity and the strengths these employees bring with Marie-Clare Fenech (Unicornz) and more speakers to be announced.
We’re so excited to announce more panels and more amazing speakers in the lead up to the event in September – to see the full schedule so far click here!
To book your tickets and make sure you secure your place at OxTech Fest 2021, click here.