Erwin specialises in the use of technology and data to improve decision making in asset management (e.g. predictive maintenance), operations and customer management.
Key focus areas are: Use of Digital Twins, Analytics, AI and Distributed Ledger Technologies to address challenges in energy (smart grids, metering electric vehicles and generation), the water industry with a focus sustainability and the environment.
He also has experience in the public sector (asset management, maintenance management and logistics) and the financial services sector (payments, settlement, retail banking and insurance).
Erwin is a Certified IBM Executive Architect with over 25 years of experience in architecting IT systems, leading design authorities on large complex programmes and providing High Availability consultancy. He is a member of the following industry bodies:
- Fellow of the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) and member of the IET Energy Sector Executive
- Chair of the TechUK Digital Twin Working Group
- Member of the TechUK smart Energy and Utilities Steering Group
- British Computer Society (BCS): Chartered IT Professional
- OpenGroup: Distinguished IT Architect.